Sponsorship for young people
Life instead of flight
Young people in Africa and Latin America have a hard time. Many suffer from violence and crime. Yet young people need prospects in order to use their potential. They are the engine of society and the future of tomorrow. With a sponsorship you give young people a real chance: a future worth living in their home country.
Luiz: "Giving life a positive turn"
Many adolescents in El Salvador have only two options: Escape to the USA or join a criminal gang of youths. Poverty and violence are omnipresent. At the age of 14, Luiz joined a mara and shortly afterwards ended up in prison. At our partner organization Quetzalcoatl, Luiz learned that there are alternatives to crime.
Today the young man works as a social worker and says: "I dream that one day peace will prevail in El Salvador and that the gang wars will come to an end. I know from my own experience that you can give your life a positive turn."
"I've come to terms with my past and found new courage to face life."
Luiz, social worker from El Salvador, 23 years
In this list you will find the projects that benefit from this sponsorship.
- Future prospects for young people thanks to organic farming (Brazil)
- Black youth and political participation (Brazil).
- Rural youth focus on organic farming (Brazil)
- A future for rural youth (Colombia)
- Life perspectives away from crime and violence (Colombia)
- Young people break the spiral of violence (Colombia)
Young people seek alternatives to the military (Colombia)
- Youth against violence (Nicaragua)
- Prevention of violence: young people get involved (Tanzania)
- Solidarity with youth in the forgotten conflict (Western Sahara)
Sponsorship via LSV
Help us to save administrative costs and transfer your sponsorship amount via LSV.