Switzerland must take responsibility!
Consistency is required in the parliamentary process on the "Corrective Initiative". The Alliance against Arms Exports to Civil War Countries, of which terre des hommes Switzerland is a member, is basically pleased that the indirect counter-proposal to the "Corrective Initiative" intends to amend the War Material Act in its favour. However, the Federal Council wants to be able to continue to evade consistent democratic control by means of a new exemption regulation. Parliament must now close this loophole.
Drucila Meireles, pictured here on the right, is a strong woman with an eventful history. As a technical advisor of terre des hommes switzerland in Mozambique, she supports and accompanies the activities of our local partners on sexual violence, empowerment and psycho-social support. Drucila Meireles used to seek help herself in a terre des hommes switzerland youth project in Mozambique. Today she has a particularly good rapport with the young people in the projects. She explains why social work with young people is so important to her.
The Swiss arms business is reaching new record levels. Among the recipient countries are countries like Brazil with a highly problematic human rights situation. Switzerland must do its utmost to stop arms deals with Brazil, demands terre des hommes switzerland. The development organisation supports the corrective initiative, which calls for stronger democratic control over the export of war material to civil war countries.
Take over a sponsorship now!
- You donate to a cause that close to your heart is lying.
- With a only Sponsorship strengthen Young people in Africa and Latin America.
- Everyone donated Franconia goes 100 percent to the sponsorship of your choice.
- Once a year you get a Sponsorship report with current information.
- For sponsorships of CHF 360 or more per year, each sponsor receives the latest cookbook "Tanja vegetarian" our ambassador Tanja Grandits.