Study on gun violence in Brazil
An independent study by terre des hommes Switzerland and terre des hommes Germany looks into seven exemplary cases of lethal gun violence and uncovers serious deficiencies in the control of state gun stocks in Brazil.
Weapons from Germany and Switzerland are used in police operations in Brazil. This often results in serious human rights violations against children and young people. An independent study by terre des hommes Switzerland and terre des hommes Germany looks into seven exemplary cases of lethal gun violence and uncovers serious deficiencies in the control of state weapons stocks in Brazil.
Mberwa Nyoni from Tanzania has found a perspective. He is taking a carpentry course, learning to build furniture and sell it successfully. This enables him to support his mother and three siblings.
Switzerland must take responsibility!
Today, September 15, the National Council debated the corrective initiative. To the great delight of the Alliance against Arms Exports to Civil War Countries, the National Council and the Council of States have taken up and implemented all their core concerns. The initiative, for which terre des hommes switzerland is campaigning, will therefore be withdrawn. A great day for a credible peace policy. Now it is a matter of keeping a close eye on the implementation of the proposed legislation.
your commitment works!
Take over a sponsorship now!
- You donate to a cause that close to your heart is lying.
- With a only Sponsorship strengthen Young people in Africa and Latin America.
- Everyone donated Franconia goes 100 percent to the sponsorship of your choice.
- Once a year you get a Sponsorship report with current information.
- From a sponsorship of CHF 360 per year, each sponsor receives the latest cookbook "Tanja vegetarian" our ambassador Tanja Grandits.